Matar Paneer is a classic Indian dish that is sure to delight your family. This delicious vegetarian dish is made with cubes of paneer cheese and green peas cooked in a flavorful tomato-based sauce. The addition of spices like cumin, turmeric, and garam masala give the dish complexity and depth, while the paneer provides a creamy texture. Serve over steamed basmati rice, or with naan or chapati for a complete meal.
For 4 Servings:
2 tablespoons oil or ghee
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, grated
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Salt to taste
1 cup of diced tomatoes or tomato puree
1 cup of heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
1 cup of green peas (fresh or frozen)
1 lb of paneer cheese, cubed
Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
Lemon wedges or lime juice (optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
2. Add finely chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they become mushy and the oil starts to separate.
5. Add powdered spices like coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.
6. Mix well and cook for a minute.
7. Add peas and diced Paneer, and mix well. Add enough water to make a thick gravy.
8. Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until the peas are cooked through and the Paneer is heated through.
9. Once the gravy is done, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro and cream (optional)
10. Serve the Matar Paneer with rice, naan or roti.
Indulge in culinary bliss with Nymble, your private cooking robot. In this video, Nymble expertly prepares Hakka Noodles, a dish that will tantalize your taste buds with its bold flavors. Sign up below and get access to our menu of 500+ chef-crafted recipes, from the world’s best cuisines.